A group of GoPro employees is claiming that they received a warning from GoPro last week that they were “not allowed to retrieve a backup.”
The email from GoPro, which is addressed to employees of the National Camera Exchange, was sent to employees at GoPro’s US headquarters in Irvine, California.
The email said that they “are not allowed to provide the GoPro backup to the NCE, because GoPro did not follow proper procedures to provide it to us.”
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us,” the email said.
The email came a day after GoPro CEO Jonathan Liebreich said the company is “not at liberty” to return the camera that was stolen during a robbery on Wednesday in San Francisco.
GoPro is offering $10,000 to anyone who can identify the owner of the GoPro.
The incident came a week after a man was fatally shot by a security guard at the NCA in Los Angeles after being pulled over for a broken tail light.
The guard shot and killed the suspect in an ambush, but it is unclear if GoPro has been contacted by the San Francisco Police Department or the FBI.